408 Help Line
408-HELP Line - 24/7 Distress and Crisis Line
Call 416 408 4357 to reach our 24/7 crisis support line.
- Serves the GTA; 365 days a year, 24 hours a day
- For almost 50 years has provided essential, life-sustaining emotional support to those in need
- More than 120,000 calls placed each year
- More than 85,000 calls responded to annually, 80% of which are answered within the Ministry of Health's best practice guidelines
- Provides high-risk crisis follow-up by telephone when requested
- Provides back-up and after-hours service for social service and mental health providers
Distress Centres is committed to responding to calls as soon as possible. The Ministry of Health has established “within fifteen (15) minutes” as a guideline for crisis call response. We are always working diligently to reduce wait times for callers. Sometimes, regretfully, the number of calls placed exceeds our capacity at the time to answer within an immediate or short time frame. As one of the few after-hours community resources, this does occasionally occur. We appreciate that this can be frustrating and do apologize for any delay that occurs. We will answer your call as soon as possible. In the interim, if this is an emergency, please go to the nearest hospital or contact 911.