Distress Centres is committed to our community in a variety of capacities. Our team of professional experts and volunteers regularly provides consultation and participates in outreach support to organizations, schools, service providers and community services. We also support the development of programs to meet community needs through collaborative partnerships.
The changing social discourse on mental health and suicide has created a tremendous opportunity for synergistic relationships with agencies with whom we are sharing information about current needs, gaps in service and emerging trends. In our desire to be transparent, we share evaluation results with any organization that has requested our services. They are also included in our Annual Report, which is available here.
- Consultation and education for trauma response and grief support following sudden violent death
- Comprehensive training in front-line emotional support, suicide prevention, and crisis response
- Opportunities for skill development to community members
- Social reporting data to community groups
- A curated lending library and free online e-library
- Customized workshops on suicide prevention, crisis intervention and related subjects by request
If you're interested in working with Distress Centres in any community outreach capacity or if you require further information please connect with Alison via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.