Caller Reassurance Volunteer Application Process
How does it work?
- After filling out an application, qualified applicants will be contacted, advising them to contact the office to complete a phone interview.
- During the phone interview, your telephone presence will be assessed, as well as your communication skills and style.
- Successful candidates will be invited to complete an in-person interview.
- A reference check from two current or former supervisors will be completed after the in-person interview.
- Successful applicants will be invited to participate in upcoming training.
**Please note that the screening process involves multiple stages. Not all applicants will be invited to the next stage. We thank you for your interest!
NOTE: Vulnerable sectors involvement or a criminal record will not necessarily preclude a volunteer from their role at Distress Centres. Decisions will be made on an individual basis. All information collected will remain confidential.
Distress Centres embraces diversity and values the lived experience of those who may be marginalized on the basis of race, creed, colour, national origin, political or religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family relationship and disability.